BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Tiny Nugget of Thought

I had an epiphany the other day. It adds a whole new twist to the One-Wife vision. You see, I was thinking over the pros and cons of the one wife vision, from a single's perspective, and, to be honest, it was over all the parents who seemed to benefit the most. (This, of course, is just in general. You always have the case of the single who does nothing while the couple with kids slaves away, suporting the home and juggling the kids at the same time, but that's a different case)

Now. To look at the One-Wife vision - "the children dont just belong to the biological parents - they are our future, all of ours; we should all therefore take care of them as if they WERE our very own..."

Now thats all good and well, especially for those who happen to love children and love taking care of them. It also happens to be especially good for that couple who somehow ended up with 10 plus children and nowhere to put them. But what about those who really honestly DO want to live the one wife vision to the fullest, but really seem to have a trial with that family who keeps popping out the babies like they were paid for it, only for those babies to be dumped on that poor single at the end of the day? They want to be in the Lords highest will, and they try the hardest, but it just doesnt seem fair......

Now there is the crunch line - If they ARE, in fact, all of our children, and if we SHOULD, in fact, take them under our wing as if they were ours, then should it not be ALL of our decision whether or not those parents have those kids in the first place? Because, lets face it, if you choose to have a kid against MY will, you cant really expect me to take care of that kid, and dont pull the "One-Wife" wild card on me when you feel like your brains about to explode out of your head because your number 11 twins are bawling their heads off, the todler just crapped on the floor, your 5 year old just drew all over the wall and your teenage daughter just told you she's pregnant. ("Hey, its not that bad, we'll just pull ANOTHER one-wife wild card on THAT baby too! Praise the Lord!") Bull SHIT.

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    well, if you actually formed a parenting teamwork with the family with a lot of kids you might have a point there. However, if your job during the day is to take kids then it shouldn´t really matter how many kids the family has or not as your job per se is childcare, whether you can handle 2 or 3 kids at a time is another story but part of the "job" title. People usually work 8 hour jobs and a lot of singles who are on childcare in the Fam rarely are 8 hours with kids as parents take them for meals, rest, etc. So while yes, the parents DO benefit and should be very grateful it´s not like the singles have a terrible end of bargain as their "job" in the communal home is childcare (just as others would be cooking, or fundraising, or outreach, etc etc). Also think that while you are home taking care of the kids someone else is usually raising the money for YOU so it all works out in the end more or less (or should at least).
    Zephyr said...
    I suppose I should have clarified (tho i thought I had...) yes i agree if someone is scheduled on kids theres no reason to complain. Its more the idea that the singles should be there any second of the day or night because they´re "all our children". At the end of the day, they really arent. They belong to the people who chose to have them.
    Christina Cuevas said...
    I came across your blog recently and have to say I totally agree with your take on things. exactly what I said to someone the other day
    Phil said...
    Fortunately I live with very nice Parents, but yes I know the problem happens. Sorry Mel....sure it's tough, but it's also true that ppl usually hate their jobs...
    Anonymous said...
    Sounds like your attempt to drum up some controversy fell flat...I did like the title...a tiny nugget of thought...from a tiny nugget of a brain.

    -Alli
    Zephyr said...
    Alli, whoever you are, go stick your head back up your rear. I dont really care for "drumming up controversy". I simply state my opinions and thoughts. Tiny nugget of a brain, eh? Look who's talking. I think its wonderful how a random person can come up with something so obviously out of their ass, and aimed at someone they dont even know. Have a nice life and, if you dont have anything mature to say, then stay off my blog. Thanks.
    Christie and Julie said...
    yeah but the people that usually hate their jobs are getting paid for them :D just saying...

Post a Comment