BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Can you believe that, after all this time, I can still hear just one song and turn into a jelly mess of nostalgia and sentimentality..? It´s true... I can. It´s another one of those scenarios that, when I actually really think about the details of it, I was miserable half the time when it was actually taking place. But the truth showed itself the moment I made the decision to bail. It crushed me more than I realized, and somehow I don´t think I´ve recovered. I still do wonder, sometimes, how my life would be now, if I hadn´t bailed. Where would I be? What would I be doing right now? Maybe, just maybe, I wouldnt be sitting here, dreading getting up at 5 am tomorrow morning to bugger off to school, while painting my nails garish fugly colors just because. Maybe I´d actually be doing something useful with my life. Maybe I´d be happy somewhere, completely, blissfully oblivious to every little annoying detail and memory that now buzzes about in my brain...
And why all this nostalgia..? One song. Just one. And this is the one:



This song brings back feelings of sweltering hot Antalya summer days, sleeping on 15th story balconies, swimming all day in retarded beach water that was freezing cold for the 10 inches and then unbearably sickeningly warm under that... being sunburnt over sunburn... sitting on the roof of the 16 story apartment building and singing Mother Let Me Live...
Bleh... good times...
And somehow I dont think any of the people that were there at that point in time in my life will ever read this... if they do... I love you guys :D

Oh, and this ones for Cal (again, i doubt he´ll ever see it, but for sentimentality´s sake, he´s the one that got the, as he put it, "whip sound" [lie lie lie *whip sound*... lol] forever stuck in my brain...)

1 Comment:

  1. Turelx said...
    oh awesome. simon and garfunkel are brilliant.

Post a Comment