Thursday, January 22, 2009
They say my Grandpa's a gorilla, my dad's a chimpansee and my little baby brother's a babboon...
Brought to you by Zephyr at 3:06 AMRemember that song...? Ever wondered if it would actually ever happen like that..? Whether, if put into that sort of situation, you'd actually feel so strongly against evolution being taught as fact in schools? I did... And I just had a "Charlie Made A Monkey" take on it. (Almost. Thankfully I didnt jump up on my desk and start doing the monkey dance).
And all for what? Just the stupid idea that they were teaching that Denmark was 13,000 years old. But amazingly enough it made my blood boil. What to do? First thing I did when lunch break came was hightailed it to the computers as if hell in all its fury was on my tail, and now, I'm writing this.
I thought it was quite amazing how deeply ingrained all the things we learned as kids can become. I thought it was all just water off a ducks back, but apparently it's stuck, to become the guidelines whereby I think and live.
At least I'm happy I was brought up well. Thank you.
1 Comment:
-
- Phil said...
February 6, 2009 at 1:30 PMyeah PTL for the good we were taught. You expose them Mel....I await the fireworks
