BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The first update i wrote in my notebook, cuz i was too lethargic to actually pull out the computer.

12th November, 2008 - 3:25 am

It´s now exactly 3:19 am, the 12th of November 2008. In the next 48 hours (aprox.) I will pass through 5 different countries (Lebanon, Turkey, Spain, England, and Denmark). my first flight is scheduled to leave at 3:55 am. My last flight (arriving in Arhus, Denmark) is scheduled to arrive at 9:50 am, on the 13th of November. Course, that´s not where the journey ends. We´re looking at up to 7 hours, waiting in the tiny Aarhus airport before dad gets off work, that is, of course, unless his boss lets him off early. We can only hope... (3:25 am) God, when will the damn gate open??


12th November, 2008 - 8:15 am

I survived the trip from Beirut friggin tiny International airport (seriously, I dont know how they do it...). It was anything but uneventful... I tell you, it must have been my most interesting/anoying flight yet. First off, I found my seat. I seat myself rather cosily when some random greying man comes and tells me in the crispest english that, I'm sorry, but C26 is HIS seat. I, of course, am rather taken aback and am sure that he is mistaken, while at the same time whipping out my own boarding pass, flashing the very obvious "C26" in the "seats" section at him. He proceeds to do exactly the same to me, producing exactly the same offending number. A slightly awkward silence proceeds, for about 2 seconds, where the greying man makes an atempt at a joke (something along the lines of having to sit on eachother [yeeesh] and how it probably wont be very comfortable). I, understandably enough, hightailed it to the nearest stuardess and told her of our serious problem (I was in no way looking forward to missing the flight - I had far too many connections depending on that one). End of the story... The grey man and I did not have to sit on eachother. I got a seat a row back (yey), next to a window (double yey), next to a man (tripple yey...?) who insisted on talking (ohhh...), about his neice and how the name Sarah somehow meant princess in Danish. He received the usual speil from me (we're volunteers and we help people without pay) wich resulted in the customary worshipful awed silence and a "wow. You're such a GOOD PERSON." (I know, I know). The damned man just insisted on talking every time i was about to fall asleep. He DID give me 4 whole clorette chewing gums though, even though they turned out to be nasty arabic style tutifruti that emphasised the seriously sweet citric fruits (yuck yuck yuck - memories of a decade of christmasses stuffing ones gullet with chewy citrus flavored candy and, yes, clorette chewing gums...). finally got him to shut it though, for just long enough for me to catch a few winks of sleep. When we got to the airport he insisted on thinking I was his personal tour guide, asking me the way around the airport as if I had "security" stamped on my forehead. GB his soul. Finally got away from him, as he had a flight to Austria (yeah. We talked THAT much) and I had 6 hours to wait. Or some such shit. And I'm still waiting..
Oh yeah... something I (believe) esy and ozie will get a kick out of (or at least get very jealous over, unless im completely wrong and I have the wrong book) is that I purchaced myself a copy of Eclipse (much to my horror, I found it wasnt the 1st of the 4 books. It turned out to be the 3rd... damn damn damn!! after all my scrutinization!! I managed to miss the blatantly obvious listing of the books on the back...)
Now for a pensive picture of me and the book at the Attaturk Airport (at least, thats what I think its called. it's in istanbul, WHATEVER the name...)

3 Comments:

  1. Esy said...
    No no no no noooooooooo!! no fair!!! i want that!
    Anonymous said...
    Gosh,poor Mel!! I felt for you..:D
    Anonymous said...
    indeed u got a rush of anger stroll through my vains deary !!!
    -oz

Post a Comment