BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What I Miss

Is it wierd to miss something you are just SOOOO happy is long over? Or even just things that are recently over that were part good, part not so good...? Things that, when you really think about it, were so terrible, nasty, or just downright awkward (on both sides)...?

I miss Madrid. (yeah, throw the tomatoes now please, I´m begging) That should be good reason to doubt my sanity. Over all, I think we´re all very happy that Madrid is over. But, I still miss it. The completely psycho things we would sometimes do, the walks I´d take every day with Antwone in the freezing cold, going to Peñas Albas, buying chuches, pipas in the back yard, wanabe photography (on my part) and endless photoshoots (with vicky), dropping anything from oranges to charcol into Adam´s precious water-filled beer mug (maaaan did we hear it from him after that...), midnight excapades, cat-a-pult (get it, get it? CAT? whatever) and the screaching meyows when they´d accidentally on purpose hit the tree - "whoops, did you hear a thump? Me neither. Next." Going to the Poli at dark in the dead of winter to attempt a photo shoot, get this, SOAKING WET. Needless to say I found that sub-zero temperatures dont go very well with wet clothes... Beer and pipas on wnr nite, avoiding the creepy security guard car, House, The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Corpse Bride, chatting, endless chatting... brazilian beans, kids that I eventually learned to love, Commercial centers and the Market first thing in the freezing, freezing morning, trying to climb the hill with 10 liters of beer on a suddenly sizzling day (still dont know how it got so hot so suddenly), and then being rescued from the climb after betting on whether the next car would contain english speaking occupants so that we would be able to hitch hike instead of walk (coincidentally, Adam and Rose happened to be the next car along... ) That hideous veggie room that was endlessly full of slime, pissed off people, freezing cold house, always under 4 blankets, sweaters, colorful stuff and white couches, frozen pizza, frozzen fried rice, and cheese... And a drunken, drunken new years. 

And that was just Madrid.

Valencia, the slightly less insane, but nonetheless chaotic (in a very lovable way) home. The freaky but wonderfully perfect house, Los Niños, the wednesday supermarket pickups, summer, heat, the emo park, the red room, Airport Mania, Monkey Island with myself, Mishu, Mofius and Fran, empty rooms, couches, metal screaming, late, bright evenings (we´d get home at 10:00 pm and the sun would be setting..), parties, more wierd stuff, moving, painting, writing, more moving, Teramitica, people visiting, barbeques, graduations, birthdays, trouble, fun, worry, tender moments, sad moments, living, just living, building a home, going through the thick and the thin of it, and hopefully coming out a better person. Metting new people, making new friends...

And then there was, of course, Los Belones (ouch... :P)

Doing nothing all day (much to the anoyance of the others), putting babies to sleep at night, pubbing, making MORE friends, singing karaoke, pool parties, Commercial centers, actually making MONEY at Commercial centers, sudoku, parks, absinthe, beer, more beer... whining (on my part) cleaning (on Ozie´s and Esy´s part), and all that sort of stuff............

There´s a few more things that i really, really miss, but that´ll have to stay confidential.

So IS it that wierd that I miss it all so much...? It was home. My home. And after it is all said and done, thank God that I can only remember the good. And that´s what makes me miss it so much more.

I loved Spain. 
No. Scratch that. 
I love Spain.

20 Comments:

  1. Elisa de la Torre said...
    ahw
    Anonymous said...
    MEL !!! my goodness u need help. BUT MAN that was touchy touchy, i rub my nose on you. yeh Madrid was a deal and ahalf to deal with, but yes yes we made the best out fo it. Here well, missing you. but hey we are all fine now and its nto the same without u...sooooo yes this home is different on my side without you. WAAAHHHHH....emotional ozie is all done. CIAO. be happy and dont convice yourself ur going insane.
    Anonymous said...
    are you out of the fam?
    Zephyr said...
    yup. whos asking..?
    Michelle said...
    awwwww....its tender...and really, seriously touched me to the core when I read it! miss you freako
    Anonymous said...
    oh no one you know, i just know of you because i know a few ppl who went to the ftdpt or whatever they called it so i heard about you and i saw pics of you there.
    actually i did meet you once, it was at a london airport where everyone was jetting off to eurock, and you were fresh out of lebanon, nice and pure, with bad makeup and un-dyed hair. that was before the wilkinsons sank their teeth into you and turned you into a clone of them. :)
    Zephyr said...
    woooooah. wilkinsons sank their teeth into me and turned me into a clone of them? lol... what a joke.. I shant take ofence at that, simply because it made me laugh so hard.. so then enlighten me... who ARE you? Id think theres a rather large possibility that I at least know OF you.
    Anonymous said...
    i always find it amusing whenever someone has something critical said about them, that person responds with "oh i laughed at that". because i know you didn't laugh. now if you say you were offended with my rather sweep-like statement, then i'd be much more impressed.
    i just thot you were really nice when i met you, you were really cute and sweet and PURE. when i heard you were going there, i almost prayed for your protection. the wilkinsons are the biggest two-faced bunch of female dogs whose heads are stuck up so far their own arses they can't see the sunlight.
    i could be wrong about you tho, i don't know what you're like now and from your blog you seem pretty original, wacky and funny, so if im wrong then kudos to you.
    Zephyr said...
    oh goodness... no honest i did laugh. Ive got too much of a temper to pretend that I think somethings funny when it actually really pisses me off. I wont say anything about the Wilkinsons cuz i wouldnt really know about most of them.. tho they ARE my in-laws now. I thot it was funny because they actually didnt get their hands on me at all. quite contrary. the "pure" business I suppose I dont know what to say about... lol. people change. I would say that upgrading my "look" and confidence cant exactly be looked at as depurification... lol. but who knows, your prolly right. Tho i was anything but "pure" at eurock... even if i looked it.
    Michelle said...
    wtf h??show ur face...or at least write your name!! first off...not like I know the wilkinsons or anything...but I think you should look in the mirror and see who the two faced backstabber is now. And relating Mel to that....and to top it off not knowing her...well ur wrong and a down right fool. Mel...glad you laughed cause I'm downright annoyed with whoever this is.
    I guess I should...relax, take it eeeeeasy!!! geeeeeee......we shld so go to X factor dude...lol
    Esy said...
    MEL!!!! We miss you over here! Everyone's going psycho on me and so I'm going psycho...awesome post though...I made Ozie read this first and then my last post, you should have seen how hard were laughing.
    Zephyr said...
    haha mish... i can like always count on you to like, do what I dont (aka get pissed for me when i really shld be but aren´t... lol). Oh and "h"... dont "tell" me that "oh dont say that you were laughing because I know you werent". You think of your insultive skills way more highly than they actually are. I think thats the only thing that acutally really pissed me off. I´m used to hearing terrible things about people and I feel bad for you that you feel you have to go and say such horrid things. I´m sure you have reason, or at least think you do... but just dont do it on my blog. K? Honest, no hard feelings, but please. Don´t go assuming things about ppl (e.g. me)
    Anonymous said...
    ummmm ppl here are just going mad...some1 wants mel to say she got offended, mel doesnt think she is pure and mishu wants to take u guyz to X factor. You guyz all need a break from eachother. Uhhu.
    --ozie
    Anonymous said...
    Yeah everyone I'm a two faced freak and I so but ugly that I have to keep shoving my head up other people's asses, so that they don't see my face. And ofcourse I have to go by the name h, cause I've shoved my head up too many people's asses that if I even put 2 letters of my real name everyone would recognize me and then I'd be really fucked up! So yeah I actually really appreciate you, but I'm just a fucked up freak!!!
    Anonymous said...
    hehe that was funny, h #2.
    mel, you've obviously completely misunderstood what i was trying to say, it was more of a compliment than anything else.
    and just because i choose not to put my name does not make me a villain. i know you all secretly want some dumb little anonymous try to stir things up on your blog and make you feel famous and cool like that amaranthine fellow. but that's not what i am and that's not what i was trying to do.
    maybe you should try reading my posts a little more carefully? next time you wanna throw something someone's said back in their face cos you wanna look cool in front of your little friends, maybe think harder before you speak. cos this isn't saying much for you.
    but yes this is your blog ... so im not going to waste anymore time on you.

    'ave a nice life now! ;)
    Zephyr said...
    darling. dont even TRY to assume whats going on in my head. that DOES piss me off. Nothing else that you´ve said has done so to date. and i really couldnt give half a rats ass about people stirring up trouble on my blog to make me feel "famous". What the FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK? You dont know me. And just because you assume stuff like that to "lower my image in your own eyes" is entirely your fault. I did not have a single thing against you, except for the fact that you seemed to jump to conclusions about people you dont know. But that´s forgivable because almost everyone does it. But now I do because you´re just being an ass. And the last thing i´d ever do is "throw something someone said back in their face to look ´cool´ infront of my LITTLE (WTF?? HOW DARE YOU?) friends". So dont even start it. Obviously you dont know my friends, OR me. We dont care for petty stupid things like that, and if one of us does it, it most certainly doesnt make the rest of us think that they´re cool. so shut it already. And if you want to stir up trouble, be my guest. I´ll just delete the comments from now on so as to keep the peace. Id rather no comments at all than someone making nasty ones. Have a nice life yourself, and i hope to god you grow a bit of a brain. And be happy you´re not in the proximity of any of my friends or I. I doubt you´d be so brave.
    Anonymous said...
    Well h #1 since you call urself that, you obviously have no self morale, I have nothing to do with mel and her Blog, she did not post the comment I did... Who is I?? I'm
    "h" just like you except your the freaking retart who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself or should I say, itself! If you like to go around and write stupid things to people and then put down others, and try and show your linguistic abilities which are obviously lacking! You are most obviously the person you have described yourself as, "a fucked up person"! You say you don't wanna waste ur time, but you obviously have nothing better to except for write stupid things on peoples pages, wanna be an ass hole? go shove ur head up ur own ass. And "h" is anybody who calls themselves "h", until they prove their real identity! So technically this is all from "h"! Which I'm sure 99 percent would agree with me!
    Michelle said...
    ho ho ho...you've got it now you have H!! Stop trying to judge people before you know them will you? Do you know Mel? No...well then SHUT UP!!! Pffft....Mel trying to look famous with her blog? Um...fellow...Mel writes things on her blog for her own pleasure and the pleasure of her friends...if you have a problem with the way she says things or does things or whatever it is you have a problem with...you should have just kept it to yourself.
    Oh my oh my....ugh...you people who like to think you're so much better then everyone else bother me so bad! GEEEZ. Just the fact that your saying this stuff and to top it off as anon doesn't say much for you or your character.
    As Mel said we all judge people without meeting them, and it's forgivable. But believe me I know it sucks to do that, I've been on both sides, and they aren't pretty places to be.
    So anyhow.....I expect a nice pretty sorry from you.
    Go eat some ketchup is all I have left to say to you H.
    Anonymous said...
    well, im confused with all theis h´s humans, so yeah the one thats going on about mel being a wierdo and show off to her little friends... man ohh man u should start making friends and stop focusing so much in their asses. I believe as any other human she has a right to say what she misses, has that never happened to you or some thing. Well i think its a lil imature to comment about something you have no idea or expirience of, soo yeah go live your life and then ill try to relate to you. Get broken here and there, make the best out of it, make seclusion fun, see more than what you thought any situation could be...and then maybe youll have an idea of what mel is going on about ok. I think mel is a good person, to convive with and to be a friend, so yes leave her alone.
    ---Ozie
    Esy said...
    Oooookay...this is sufficently confuseing.
    I hope we can close this topic down now and all go on with our merry lives..(counting the peeps with their heads up their asses...which I didn't say btw...)
    But yeah, Mel, maybe it's time you posted something new. Before ppl start killing each other.
    CIAO!

Post a Comment